Further writing about
nystagmus and vision impairment
Visitors to this site may be interested in other articles about nystagmus by John Sanders. John is currently chair of the south Wales charity Sight Life (https://sightlife.wales/) and holds a number of other voluntary roles. He previously worked as a journalist and translator and was manager of the Nystagmus Network (2009-16) and an NN trustee and chair for many years.
Below are links to and PDFs of some of the articles and papers John has written or contributed to over the years.
- Management of nystagmus in children: a review of the literature
and current practice in UK specialist services.
Published in Eye January 9/1/20.
- Nystagmus: overcoming the concerns.
Published on the CVI Society website 25/3/19.
- Arguments for the adoption of a nystagmus care pathway.
Published in the BIOJ (British & Irish Orthoptic Journal), 25/4/19.
- The Northwick Solution.
Published on the “Nystagmus in a nutshell” blog 21/8/19.
- “Watch out for the wobble”.
Published on the IHV (Institute of Health Visiting) website 7/4/14.
- “Registering as sight impaired: the piece of paper that proves it.”
An expanded and updated PDF of an article that first appeared in Nystagmus Network’s Focus newsletter 102 in March 2014. Download PDF >
- “Nystagmus and the Fourth Dimension.”
PDF of article published in RNIB’s Insight magazine, issue 48, November/December 2013. Download PDF >
- A little help from my friends.
Published in Disability Studies Quarterly 2004.
- Nystagmus: neglected no longer. https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/026461969401200310
Published in the BJVI (British Journal of Visual Impairment) 1/11/94.